We’re Building Your Dream Dive Centre
James and Nic have always known what their dream dive centre would look like. Back in 2016 they asked you to describe your dream dive centre.
There were two very important reasons for this fact-finding mission:
1. They needed to know that their own vision matched with the most important people – YOU!
Nic and James realised a long time ago that the UK dive scene needed something a little bit different. There’s some fantastic dive centres out there… but nothing that quite matched their vision.
When The Fifth Point was established, it was already something fresh. Focussing on modern diving and environmental conservation, a brand and a culture developed very quickly.
Nic and James pride themselves in being ahead of the curve when it comes to new diving techniques and equipment. During their travels, they’ve learnt from some of the industry’s best. They developed their diving technique and added new skills to their repertoire. But most importantly, they fine-tuned their teaching technique. That’s why students at The Fifth Point will only ever use the most up to date equipment and practise the latest skills.
Survey results confirmed that having knowledgeable and professional instructors is extremely important. Nic and James have worked in the diving industry for over a decade. Having taught hundreds of people from all over the world how to dive, they have buckets of experience and can help students overcome any issues they may have.
Nic and James are passionate about keeping Our Sea Trash Free. Since returning from Malaysia last year, they’ve organised and conducted numerous beach cleans in the area with the help of local volunteers. In total, they’ve removed a staggering 500kg of rubbish from our beautiful beaches. They’ve also adopted the land around the dive centre which backs onto the River Blyth to clean up and restore wildlife habitats.
2. They needed to know exactly what YOU want from YOUR dive centre
Reponses ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous including an onsite spa for dive widows. But one theme rang consistent from all surveyed participants - the dive centre needs to be friendly. All too often divers say they notice the clique as soon as they walk into somewhere new. They feel awkward and unwelcome. The Fifth Point is not a club – it’s a professional organisation providing quality service. Friendly and helpful staff will make you feel immediately at home. Even the building itself has been designed to feel warm and welcoming. Reclaimed materials have been used at every opportunity to give the dive centre a homely feel plus you can relax by the fire in our snug area! Perfect for warming up after a dip!
Nic and James used the survey results to tailor the dive centre services to meet your needs. Unfortunately, there won’t be a spa or a bakery (just yet). However, alongside diving trips and RAID courses, The Fifth Point will offer:
- Onsite training in our customised 3m deep dive tank – we’ll be a truly flexible dive operation. You won’t need to wait for a designated swimming pool session that only happens once or twice a week. Instead, you can set a schedule that suits you best and jump in whenever you like!
- The latest wing and long hose kit configuration – master buoyancy and trim with a set up that makes it easy.
- Air fills from a BAUER compressor – regularly tested for purity, you can rest assured you’re only breathing the cleanest air.
- Equipment and tank servicing by James - an experienced qualified ASSET Dive Industry Technician who can service all aspects of diving equipment from any manufacturer.
- A selection of diving equipment for sale - stocking top selling manufacturers including Fourth Element, XDeep and Tecline.
It’s Happening Already…
If you follow The Fifth Point on social media (if not, check it out: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), you may have noticed that construction of your dream dive centre is well underway. The project is now at the half way point as work has just been completed on the externals of the second-floor extension and roof. The next stage is work on the internal structure and some modifications to the brand-new dive tank before it’s installed in the building.
Don't Miss Out...
If you’ve got any more suggestions to make The Fifth Point your dream dive centre, then now is the perfect time to get in touch! The centre will be operational from the beginning of May and there’s already a number of courses booked to start – don’t miss out and reserve your place now!