Join Our Team
As a PADI Divemaster Intern
APPLICATION CLOSES 20th MAY 2019
We're looking for hard working, passionate and environmentally conscious individuals to join our team this summer. If you're looking to become a PADI Pro and are over 18 years old, Rescue Diver qualified with at least 40 dives - we want to hear from you!
Complete Your PADI Divemaster In A Leading UK Dive Centre
Our little dive centre is growing... FAST. We need more staff this summer to cope with demand. You'll be able to complete your PADI Divemaster program under the supervision of experienced staff. Your mentors will be the company owners - James (an insanely experienced PADI Staff Instructor) and Nic (soon to be PADI Course Director come June!). They will teach you everything you need to know to develop as a highly skilled Divemaster, with ample opportunity to put your new skills into practise.
The Fifth Point is a global leader in environmental protection. We'll teach you how to be an environmentally responsible dive leader so you can pass on our passion for ocean protection to all the divers you assist and lead. You'll also get the opportunity to take part, supervise and lead our environmental projects including Dive Against Debris survey dives, baby lobster releases and beach cleans.
Our dive centre is always busy. Whether it's customers and friends dropping in for a cup of tea, students turning up for training sessions or divers looking to purchase equipment, you're going to get A LOT of experience working in a bustling centre. We'll train you to deliver exceptional customer service - our staff excel in this area and The Fifth Point is well known for our chilled out, friendly atmosphere. We'll teach you how to run a compressor and fill tanks. Plus, if it floats your boat, you can even learn some servicing and maintenance tips from James, our Apeks and Aqualung Premier Service Technician.
Your PADI Divemaster Internship Includes...
- Initial training will take place in the week beginning 27th May 2019
- During this week, you will work through the start of your Divemaster Course with theory presentations, confined water sessions and open water dives. You'll also be given an induction to the dive centre
- Your Internship will officially start on the 7th June 2019 and run through to the end of August. During this time, you will:
- Work Thursday to Sunday each week
- Continue to progress through your Divemaster program
- Deal with customers in the dive centre
- Assist on real life courses in the training tank, swimming pool and open water
- Act as shore cover on open water dives
- Take part and supervise our environmental activities
- As soon as your Divemaster program is complete, you will become a member of The Fifth Point Pro team. You will:
- Conduct PADI Reactivate/refresher courses in the training tank
- Conduct PADI Skin Diver courses
- Lead open water dives from shore and boat
- Assist in courses
- Act as safety diver on open water course dives
- Lead environmental activities
We're flexible on times, if the days/dates above aren't suitable for you, still get in touch - we can work something out for the right person!
We Will Also Include...
- Your Divemaster course materials (costs £260.00)
- The Project AWARE Dive Against Debris Specialty (costs £200.00)
- Your DBS check (costs £50.00)
- Your HSE Initial Medical (costs £185.00 - paid only if you pass!)
- Your Divemaster application Fee to PADI (costs £98.00 - paid on successful completion of the DM program)
- 20% discount on retail in store during your internship
- Cost Price training on any other courses you may want to take during your internship
What Comes After The Internship?
By the time your internship is over, you'll be a fully qualified, skilled and experienced Divemaster. If you've got wanderlust, we know LOADS of people around the world who we can put you in touch with to help find employment. HOWEVER, we hope you love working here so much, you'll want to stay a part of our team! Perhaps you'll even be ready to become a PADI Instructor. There are huge opportunities at The Fifth Point for those who want to grab them.
If our PADI Divemaster Internship sounds right up your street, get in touch. We'd like to see your CV and cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for us. Please send these plus any other questions you may have to Nic (email@example.com).
You're also more than welcome to call into the dive centre to have a look around, meet the rest of the team and have a cuppa - the kettle is always on!