Remove rubbish from the ocean.
Become a citizen scientist.
Protect what you love.
The ocean is in trouble. Fish stocks are under pressure, temperatures are rising, and it's swamped in trash and pollution.
As a scuba diver, you have a very special set of superpowers that you can use to help protect the ocean.
During the PADI Dive Against Debris Course, you will become a citizen scientist.
You'll utilise your scuba diving skills to remove trash from the water to help protect the beautiful dive sites you explore. You'll turn your findings into important scientific data that can be used to make changes to policies and rules that protect the ocean all over the world.
Every dive at The Fifth Point is a dive against debris. We complete surveys every time we're underwater. As a qualified PADI Dive Against Debris diver, you'll be able to join our little army of eco-warriors to continue the battle against this messy problem.
During your PADI Dive Against Debris Course, you'll learn more about the issues caused by marine debris including the devastating effect it has on marine life.
After completing our online video course (hosted by our very own ocean advocate and co-founder Nic), you'll jump in our training tank for a 1:1 session with your instructor where you'll fine-tune your buoyancy and trim. Then it's off to the ocean to complete 2 survey dives at one of our beautiful local sites.
By the end of the PADI Dive Against Debris Course, you'll be able to...
- Confidently remove trash from the ocean with excellent buoyancy control
- Turn your grab bags full of rubbish into data - you'll know how to weigh, sort and record your findings using the Dive Against Debris app
- Submit your surveys to the PADI AWARE Foundation so they can use them as evidence to fight the causes of marine debris on a global scale
If you're thinking about taking your PADI Advanced Course, the PADI Dive Against Debris Course is always part of the adventure. Whether you want to dive with the seals, have a lust for rust and wrecks or have aspirations of becoming a marine biologist, you'll love our weekend adventures that protect the ocean.
Your PADI Dive Against Debris Course costs £275.00 per person and includes...
- PADI Dive Against Debris video course
- 1:1 buoyancy and trim workshop in our training tank
- 2 survey dives at a local site
- All equipment
- Certification e-card with limited-edition PADI AWARE design
- Donation to PADI AWARE on your behalf
Call into The Fifth Point in person, or chat over Zoom. Either way, we'll show you around the dive centre, get your elearning set up, paperwork completed and schedule the sessions for your PADI Dive Against Debris course.