JOIN OUR INCREDIBLE
become a scuba diving professional, travel the world, get paid to dive
and gain essential qualifications if you're looking for a career in diving, marine biology or marine conservation
prep for success
Yass! You made it onto the program and now it's time to get excited!
Our trainees immediately become one of the Fifth Point team. We're here to help you develop into an amazing PADI Professional, we're not your instructors anymore. We're your mentors and colleagues.
We'll sit down and create a personal growth plan to make sure that on top of everything you'll learn during the program, you also develop the skills that you'll need to achieve your future goals. Whether that's working as a Divemaster, Instructor, marine biologist or conservationist our amazing pro team can help you land your dream job.
Get ready to hit the ground running with guided study sessions
Your Pro Team is amazing. Led by two highly qualified PADI Course Directors Nic and Sam, and assisted by PADI Staff Instructors Laura and James, you're in safe hands!
In the run-up to your program, you will:
- Attend a one-to-one online session with your mentor
- Develop a personal plan to achieve career goals
- Meet our pro team in group chats and online sessions
- Work through your Divemaster eLearning with our guidance
Build on your existing diving skills and bolt on any training you need
Not dived in the UK before? Don't worry! During the first few days of your program, you will...
- Jump in the water for a shakedown in our training tank and in the sea to get up to speed with UK diving conditions
- We'll keep you toasty warm in our Aqualung and Fourth Element dry suits (and we'll teach you how to use it!)
- You can see where you're at in terms of skills and knowledge
- We can develop a plan for any additional sessions you may need
- And you can identify any areas of training that you'd like to work on too!
And we're always here for you, whenever you need us!
Your preparations are guided by our amazing team. We're just a message away if you have any questions or concerns
- Access to our pro team Slack group
- Regular Zoom check-ins and Q&A sessions
become a professional
During your program, you will work through the PADI Divemaster curriculum. DM's are leaders who guide divers as they explore amazing dive sites and also assistants to Instructors as they work with their students. You'll participate in a number of workshops that prepare you to excel in both of these areas, improving your knowledge, skills, environmental awareness, management and teaching techniques.
On top of this curriculum, you'll also work on your personal development. Whether it's learning more about conservation, the psychology of diving, equipment servicing, marketing or business management - you name it, you'll learn it!
Your PADI Divemaster Curriculum
The PADI curriculum is designed to develop you into a leader who mentors and motivates others. You'll gain dive knowledge, supervision abilities, and become a role model to divers around the world.
You'll take part in a variety of workshops including:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your Personal Development Curriculum
Our goal is to help you land your dream job. If we identify areas of training that will make your CV stand out from the crowd, we'll do everything we can! We'll create workshops, draw on the expertise of our amazing pro team and also utilise our contacts from all over the world to make it happen.
- Environmental conservation activities
- Cold water and UK diving
- Coral conservation
- Shark conservation
- Marine debris
- Psychology of diving
- Diving medicine
- Technical diving
- Equipment servicing and maintenance
- Compressor use and gas blending
- The business of diving
- Sales and marketing
- Outdoor first aid training
- Links with NIFCA, Tynemouth Aquarium, Reef Check Malaysia, Project AWARE and dive centres all over the world.
gain real life experience
This program is designed to create PADI Divemasters that are skilful and employable. As in any industry, employers looking for applicants for diving and conservation work prefer to see some experience on CVs.
As a member of The Fifth Point team, you'll be working with our students and customers every day. Once you've completed the curriculum, as a fully qualified Divemaster, you'll be able to take this one step further as you develop your teaching qualifications and guide real dives with paying customers.
Work at The Fifth Point
As a fully certified PADI Divemaster, you'll be able to work as part of the team
- Guide certified divers around our amazing Northumberland dive sites
- Assist with students
- Organise and lead environmental activities like beach cleans, underwater litter picks and baby lobster releases
- Deal with customers in the dive centre
- Work as part of a close team
- Develop skills in organisation and logistics
- All with the support of your pro team
Gain the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Leader qualification
Take your first steps to becoming an Instructor and deliver one of the most rewarding beginner diver programs.
You'll be qualified to teach PADI Discover Scuba Diving to your students and introduce them to the amazing underwater world!
- Experience what it's like to be a PADI Instructor
- Develop your skills in risk management, diver control and the PADI System
- Add another impressive and sought after qualification to your CV
- Be able to introduce people to diving for their very first time!