Join us at Cambois Beach on Sunday 3rd December. We’ll be meeting in the car park next to Charlton’s.
We’ve adopted Cambois Beach as part of the Marine Conservation Society’s Beach Watch initiative to help keep our beautiful coastline clear of litter and prevent it from harming marine animals.
There’s two options for this beach clean:
1. Take part in the Marine Conservation Society Survey – record all the trash you remove in a marked off area
2. Free pick – fill your boots and pick up as much as you can from anywhere on the beach outside the survey area!
Debris will be sorted at the beach as we go. Categories included:
1. Hard Plastics (to be sent to TerraCycle to be made special beach plastic products)
2. Metal and Glass (to be recycled)
3. Creative Items (anything that could be used by our beach artists)
4. Hazardous Items (like dog poo or sharps to be disposed of appropriately)
5. Landfill (unfortunately not eveything can be recycled but we try our best!)
A full briefing will be given to all volunteers and all the gear you need will be provided.