Become a citizen scientist.
Protect our grey seals.
Complete your PADI Advanced Open Water while learning about, diving with, and protecting the grey seals that live at The Farne Islands.
During an awesome, training packed weekend, you will:
- Extend your diving depth limit to 30m
- Improve your navigation skills
- Fine-tune your buoyancy and trim, adopting an environmentally responsible way of diving
- Become a citizen scientist removing litter from the ocean and submitting data through surveys
- Learn more about grey seals and get the chance to dive with them at the Farne Islands
Adventures that protect the ocean.
As part of your PADI Advanced adventure, you'll take the Dive Against Debris specialty course. You will learn the skills required to remove marine debris from the ocean. You'll become a citizen scientist for the PADI AWARE Foundation, collecting critical survey data from every dive that can be used by marine researchers and policymakers for conservation efforts.
You'll develop your eco-diving skills by learning how to interact with the underwater world responsibly. You'll nail your buoyancy and trim so you don't damage the reef. You'll also gain an understanding of the importance of passive interaction. This includes no touching of marine life... but that doesn't mean the seals won't touch you!
You pick the adventure
We’ll use the PADI Advanced Open Water Course as a basic framework for your adventure coupled with the PADI Dive Against Debris course. This means you'll finish the weekend with two PADI qualifications. You'll be certified to dive to 30m and be able to carry out debris surveys on every dive.
Before you head off, you’ll improve your core skills in navigation, propulsion and buoyancy during some training tank and big pool sessions.
Want to customise your PADI Advanced Course?
Our ocean protection themed PADI Advanced Course is our most popular training, but if you've got your own passion you'd like to follow, we're here to make it happen! We can create all sorts of different themes, just let us know your dream and we'll take care of the rest!
Prices for bespoke packages start at £995.00
Your PADI Advanced course costs £695.00 and includes:
- In-depth independent study. Learn more about deep diving, navigation, and ocean protection with PADI's elearning and our very own video-led learning.
- Confined water sessions. Jump in our training tank and big pool with your instructor to practice navigation, buoyancy and propulsion techniques before your weekend starts.
- Open water dives. During your training weekend you'll complete 3 shore dives and 2 boat dives.
- All the gear. We have everything you need for this adventure!
- A limited edition cert card design and donation to PADI AWARE on your behalf.