PADI DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
Taught by the award winning Jeremy Brown
Fancy learning how to take amazing photos underwater from a pro?
Jeremy's photos are unreal! Winner of the recent Berwickshire Marine Reserve Splash Back In! competition and highly commended in last year’s British & Irish Underwater Photography Championship, it doesn't matter if you're a diver who takes pictures or a photographer who dives, he'll teach you all you need to know to produce great underwater images with any kind of camera!
- Choosing the right digital underwater camera systems for you.
- Basic camera underwater housing maintenance.
- How to dive to take underwater pictures safely for you, the environment, and your camera.
- How light behaves differently underwater and what to do about it.
- The PADI SEA method.
- Exposing the subject and background correctly.
- Digital Underwater Photographer Knowledge Review 1.
- Black Backgrounds mini assignment; to teach you how to use flash to highlight closeup subjects against a clean black background
- Review of mini assignment on using flash to highlight closeup subjects against a clean black background.
- More detailed look at digital file formats and storage options.
- Making full use of your camera’s auto focus system.
- More detailed look at how changing shutter speed, aperture and ISO affects images.
- More detailed look at housings and ports
- Underwater flash photography options and limitations.
- Colour vs black & white.
- Digital Underwater Photographer Knowledge Review 2.
- Digital workflow workshop.
COURSE DIVES IN OPEN WATER
As soon as lockdown lifts, we'll be planning the open water dives for the course.