THE FIFTH POINT LADIES DAY
led by our talented female Instructors and Divemasters
Join us for Ladies Day in our dive centre! We'll be running PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experiences throughout the day, in a centre full of women just like you. Forget all your fears, stop worrying about how you'll look in a wetsuit (which will be amazing by the way - our school suits are like full body Spanx!) and come and experience the thrill of your first underwater breaths.
• Led by all-female staff
• Equipment for all body shapes and sizes
• Meet women just like you
Could this be the start of a new hobby?
• Keep fit and active
• Meet new people
• Travel the world
Your PADI Discover Scuba Diving includes:
• Maximum of 2 students with your instructor
• PADI DSD Brochure
• Discover Scuba Certificate
• Discover Scuba log book page
• Safety briefing
• Scuba gear orientation
• Full kit hire
Saturday 20th July 10.00am - 11.30am
Saturday 20th July 11.30am - 1.00pm
Saturday 20th July 1.00pm - 2.30pm
Saturday 20th July 2.30pm - 4.00pm
Saturday 20th July 4.00pm - 5.30pm
Saturday 20th July 5.30pm - 7.00pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Your PADI Discover Scuba Diving session starts with a chilled out safety briefing covering some important information you'll need when you hit the water. We'll show you your equipment and explain how it all works, then we'll customise the fit so you're nice and comfy.
Once you're suited and booted, you'll hit the water with one of our experienced PADI Instructors. You'll take your first underwater breaths on the shallow platform and build up your confidence. You'll learn some fundamental scuba diving skills like clearing your regulator and mask. When you're ready, you'll drop down into deeper water to swim around and have fun!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To enrol on the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 10 years of age
- You must be in good physical health
- No prior scuba diving experience is required
You will also be required to complete:
- The Medical Statement – Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking this form. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions, you'll need to take the form to your GP to get signed off as fit for diving before you can hit the water.
What Scuba Gear Will I Use?
We only use brand new, modern gear at The Fifth Point. In fact, you'll be wearing exactly the same equipment as your Instructor! We've spared no expense to make sure that you've got gear that fits you properly, is comfortable to wear and straight forward to use.
We supply everything you need including:
- xDeep Zeos backplate, harness and wing buoyancy device
- Apeks XL4 long hose regulator
- xDeep integrated weight system and weights
- Fourth Element Hydros 7mm semidry wetsuit
- Fourth Element 3mm or 5mm hoods and gloves
- Fourth Element 5mm Pelagic boots
- Apeks RK3 fins
- A scuba diving air cylinder to best suit your size (choose from 7L, 10L and 12L tanks)
- A selection of Cressi masks to choose from
Equipment rental of all your dive equipment is included in your experience.
Once you realise you've fallen in love with scuba, the skills you learnt during your Discover Scuba Diving session can credit towards your PADI Open Water Course!
Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. You will earn a qualification that lets you dive anywhere in the world with your buddy to a maximum depth of 18m.
The Fifth Point Diver Subscription
Once you're a qualified scuba diver, a huge range of diving adventures become available to you. You'll be eligible to join our Diver Subscription where you'll meet lots of new dive buddies and travel to local, national and even international dive sites getting wet regularly!